zondag 19 april 2009

Luchtdicht: The train, part 1

Looking out over the country, watching the lands that are passing by,
I start to think about the future, what I’ll become, and when and why?
What’ll happen to the world, will it all just stay the same?
Will it change, and if it will, wouldn’t we all just go insane?

Humans aren’t very good at handling sudden change,
Though change we need, ‘cause last year’s “hot” is only today’s “lame”…
It’s the way we humans work, ‘cause dust is all we are,
And for dust, the same is just as near as it is far.

Continuity is boring, stability a must,
Love is what we want to get, but all we give is lust…

While tracks race underneath me at 140 KpH,
I think about the impact of my trip, and suddenly my face,
Gets darker and more sober as a cloud moves in my head.
A cloud of methane, CO2; shortly: a cloud of death…

I want to help everyone out, I want this cloud to go,
But when it comes to taking measures, I usually say: “no”.
I’m selfish, like my comforts, luxury’s my life,
I want a home, a plane, 3 kids and a happy wife.

But all these things just cost a lot, in money and in time,
And the planet has to take these beatings, more sour then a lime.

While we try to “repair” things, it usually ends up worse,
Because we don’t think it all through, which makes a fix a curse.
If we want to fix the mess we’re currently still in,
We have to do it all together, everyone needs to give in!

Geen opmerkingen:

LUCHTDICHT gebundeld!

Alweer een tijdje terug is een groot aantal van mijn teksten samengevoegd tot een klein boekje, getiteld "Technisch Dichten voor beginners". Mocht u geinteresseerd zijn in een exemplaar hiervan, neem dan contact met mij op via het "contact"-knopje aan de rechterkant.